We're Seeking Farmer Participation!
Specific research projects are selected based on farmer priorities, funding availability, and the interests of state and national agencies.
Phosphorus Fertility Management For -
- Winter Wheat
- Manage N using N-reference strip.
- On Farm Precision Experimentation.
Soil Fertility Management for Dryland Cropping Systems
- Evaluating on-the-go protein monitors in wheat production systems.
- Post harvest evaluation of nitrogen management.
- Nitrogen management recommendations for winter canola in different rainfall zones
- Reducing nitrogen loss using nitrogen inhibitors
- Grazing/mowing winter canola for flexible planting dates, extra income, and soil health
- Phosphorus and Zinc management recommendations for winter wheat
Soil Health and Residue Management for Dryland Cropping Systems
- Establish soil health parameters that are in line with national standard and are meaningful for WA soils and cropping systems and build a baseline for soil health in WA agricultural land.
- Using industry byproducts to improve soil pH, reducing soil born disease, and improving crop production.
- Using wheat straw for biofuel production
- Land application of byproduct of wheat straw pulping
Nutrient Management for Dairy Farms
- Provide practical guidelines for better nutrient management
- Provide guidelines on nutrient management planning for better manure management